Pennichuck Water Service Corporation
is pleased to provide billing, payment and
customer support to the Town of Rowley
Water Department customers.
Effective March 25, 2014,
Pennichuck Water will be the first contact
for the resolution of any Rowley Water Department
customer inquiries or complaints.
Our business hours are Monday through Friday from 7:30 am – 5:00 pm. Please contact us by phone, fax, email or regular mail with any billing or payment questions. In the event of an emergency outside of business hours, please contact the Rowley Police Department at 978 948-7644.
25 Manchester Street, PO Box 1089
Merrimack, NH 03054-1947
Office: 800-553-5191 Fax: 603-913-2362
- Payments by mail can be made by check, money order or traveler’s check. Please do not send cash. Please include the bottom portion of your bill in the return envelope provided to ensure proper credit to your account. Please make checks payable to Rowley Water Department.
- Online payments can be made at www.rowleywater.com. Please make sure to enter your new account number as it appears on your bill. (for example: 711123456-123456)
- If you pay through your bank or other third party payment center via electronic check, please be sure to change the account number and mailing address. Failure to change this information may result in a delay in processing your payment.
- Payments may be dropped off at the Rowley Water Department at 401 Central St. For your convenience, there is a drop box located outside the front door.
- We now offer direct payment. Have your water bill automatically deducted from your bank account on the discount date each month. To sign up, please follow the instructions on the back of your new bill. Your next bill will have a note telling you when the funds will be withdrawn from your account. Once you are set up, simply note the date and amount in your records. Never miss another discount!
If you are moving and need a final reading, please call us to schedule the reading. We ask that you provide the new owner information, date of closing and where the final bill should be sent. We can send the bill via fax or email for your convenience. Our customer service representatives are available to answer any questions. Please provide one week notice to ensure final bill is available prior to closing date.
The Rowley Water Department was created in 1946 (Acts1946-Chapter 11). Rowley Water is a municipal utility owned department and controlled by the residents we serve - the citizens of Rowley.
The Rowley Water system has expanded significantly since its inception and currently provides commercial, domestic and fire protection needs to the Rowley citizens.
The Water Department consists of three divisions: Water Distribution, Current Water Treatment and Future Water Treatment Plant.